Sunday, June 15, 2008

TRAUMA

Wife : Who's that on the phone?

Hubby: (Silence)

Wife : I said WHO WAS THAT ON THE PHONE?

Hubby: My friend's friend.

Wife : YOUR FRIEND'S FRIEND?

Hubby: (Silence, and nods)

Wife : Don't lie to me. What the hell is your friend's friend doing calling you in the middle of the night? Who's the slut?

Hubby:(Silence)

Wife : Give me the phone.

Hubby:(Refuses to give phone)

Wife : I SAID GIVE ME THE PHONE. GIVE ME THE PHONE!!!

Hubby: (Still refuses to give phone)

Wife : Give me the phone!! Why are you scared huh? Takut???Takut??

Hubby: Tak. I tak takut.

Wife : Gimme the phone! Scared? You scared huh?

Hubby: No I'm not scared.

Wife :Who's the slut??IS she BETTER THAT ME?

Hubby: (Silence)

Wife : OH INI KERJA YOU EH? Everyday you come back late you said you're working late. Work late konon! SO THIS IS WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING???

(Sounds of wife hitting and punching the husband)

(Windows and sliding doors shut, sounds of furniture screeching and items in the house thrown on the floor)

Wife: Dah la tak sedar diri! Tak sedar diri, duduk sini mengangkang je kerja! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! I SAID GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!!!

Argument continues and GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED.


The dialogue and scene above was witnessed by my two ears and the other ears of my friends who were hanging out at my condo last weekend.

It definitely made my night more interesting.

I am still traumatized by this huge argument that I overheard.
It was the people living downstairs and I have a feeling it was the unit right below mine because it was so loud and clear that it was impossible not to overhear it.
Now I understand why it is unhealthy for children to witness arguments/fights between their parents. It will definitely haunt them forever.
This weekend's experience has traumatized me further, and made me become even more afraid of marriage.
There's so much infidelity going on these days. What's the point of staying married if you are not loyal to each other?

Trust me, this is not the first time I've 'bumped' into couples fighting. There was once, a Korean couple here was arguing and my ears witnessed it.

Once, at a friend's place in Subang, a Chinese couple was arguing.

Can't rewrite the argument as I don't understand Korean nor Chinese.

To the people downstairs, if you can't work it, break it. Get a divorce. Actually I'm wondering what the couple look like, and what happened after that. Hehe!





8 comments:

Z.Y. said...

scaryyyyyyyy

Andartu Timbuktu said...

Dats why....

EllinaRahman said...

babe...miss ya! haven't heard from u for a while..hey, I AM ALL DONE NOW! can go back oledi..la la la. nak jadi miss archi gila kuasa. hohoho

Andartu Timbuktu said...

Yeay congrats Elle! By the way, does this article scare ya? Still wanna get married? hoho

Anonymous said...

dye...gile lah ko hafal lagi dialog kes pergaduhan itu...aku pengsan jap!tapi mmg sgt scary!

Andartu Timbuktu said...

haha..babe..the dialog was SO CLEAR..plus I'm used to memorizing scripts..what more those kinda scenes that was witnessed by my cute ears..lol :P but it WAS SCARY RIGHT?? I remember our faces..all of us..so pucat..especially my friend's face, the one who's getting married in August 2008..heh heh

Anonymous said...

dats y...all of us were stunned..bu at the same time excited to know what is next...potong lak die tutup tingakp..ces...your fren is facing...panic attack..cold feet segala..ngehehhe..

Andartu Timbuktu said...

hehe..relax babe...I'm not ready for marriage..I think I will have to wait 3- 4 more years...