Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tok Man

He is my neighbour, apparently. People have been telling me about him but I did not pay any attention. I have been avoiding the neighbours on purpose. Then one day, when my friends were visiting, I saw this man with this freaking weird hair standing between the doors of my condo unit and his, so I was forced to smile and say hi. Simple huge ugly t-shirt and a pair of washed out khakis with freaking weird hair, he appeared to be a chubby man and very friendly indeed. He looked absolutely straight, except that his weird hair which turned out to be a wig made me wonder of his sexuality.
He invited me into his unit and reluctantly I entered.
His home was full of striking flowers on trays, apparently he makes trays for 'hantaran' for Malay Weddings. His taste was unlike mine,I thought but it's not like I was going to ask him to make any for myself.
He started talking to me, and I looked around the white walls of his unit. Huge weird ugly wigs were hanging on the white walls of his unit.
That was when I figured that he was gay.
After a short conversation, I asked him his name. He introduced himself as 'Tok Man'.
Oh, so this was the popular Tok Man people have been talking about. Apparently he is famous for his job.
I smiled half heartedly, said a short "Nice to meet you" and bid goodbye.

The above was what I dreamt of last night. Weird. Tok Man?

No comments: