Friday, September 4, 2009

Escapism - Infedility

I finally understand men' s concept of escapism, not that I totally agree with it, but I understand.

I was in a meeting last Thursday, and that's when I realized that I'm doing it, what a lot of men do, especially married men.

I begin to understand why they just 'agree' with their wives, even though they disagree, and I begin to understand why 'unhappy' men resort to infidelity.

Please understand that I am not saying that infidelity is right, and I definitely am NOT a big fan of infidelity in relationships and marriages but I'm beginning to understand why some people do it.

Husbands agree to their wives just to keep the peace and harmony, to avoid further conflicts.
They adopt the ' The wife is always right'  ideology.

Husbands tend to phase out when they are with their wives, if they are unhappy, wishing that they are somewhere else.

Unhappy husbands tend to find excitement 'out of the house' to escape reality.

This process often lead to infidelity for some, and the next thing they know, they are cheating on their wives.


In my case:

Me= Husband    ;   Work/Meetings/Bosses = Wife

Last Thursday I was doing it. I didn't realize it at first, and then it hit me. I'm a cheating husband! I'm cheating on my wife.

I don't cheat on relationships but I'm cheating on my work.

Guess I'm probably just as bad. 





No comments: